Author Topic: so this is how legacy is gonna play  (Read 746 times)

Keflafan

• View Profile
    • Email
so this is how legacy is gonna play
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »
so i was  looking through devan's post's and saw something that caught my eye.

What I had actually stated was that we intend to have Legacy play more like a singleplayer experience, with a focus on platforming and combat, and a little less emphasis on pure, grindy mmo. Ive mentioned that a suitable comparison might be Ratchet and Clack-style gameplay with FusionFall paint in a multiplayer setting.

notice how Devan said the game would be more like ratchet and clank. i looked up some ratchet and clank gameplay and this is what i found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixTksGs8pxQ

if this is how legacy will play then legacy is gonna be better then we expected and it would explain why the devs are taking so long to finish the game!

Sn4M8Aqx

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: so this is how legacy is gonna play
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:28:52 AM »
This video shows better how weapons will work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__Muq8gP_Q

Now I'm really hyped for Legacy :D.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:11:08 AM by Sn4M8Aqx »

Keflafan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 02:55:33 PM »
This video shows better how weapons will work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__Muq8gP_Q

Now I'm really hyped for Legacy :D.

If that's the case then I guess the weapon system in legacy will get an complete overhaul.

Sn4M8Aqx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »
Maybe

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
Actually, Iíd believe the development process for Legacy had to be changed/reinvented due to a success with Retro. Once, when Retro was relativity a huge surprise to all, there werenít any plans to add more content onto the game, it didnít came off as plausible. Legacy was still considered to be a different vision of the game that just seemed to be with better content.
My theory is that when the development team behind Retro managed to understand how to add new elements into the game instead of only shifting certain aspects within it, they understood Legacy can play much looser than intended than before and worked on differentiate it from Retroís play style entirely.
Legacy intended to be what Retro is today.
Now Legacy can be a much greater tribute to the game and lore of FF.

Fancystopperman

• The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 05:57:43 PM »
Legacy must have had dozens of changes since the last time we saw it. I can't even picture what it might look now. I hope we get a showcase video soon.

Keflafan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »
Legacy must have had dozens of changes since the last time we saw it. I can't even picture what it might look now. I hope we get a showcase video soon.

i agree its been too long since we got info on legacy.

Actually, Iíd believe the development process for Legacy had to be changed/reinvented due to a success with Retro. Once, when Retro was relativity a huge surprise to all, there werenít any plans to add more content onto the game, it didnít came off as plausible. Legacy was still considered to be a different vision of the game that just seemed to be with better content.
My theory is that when the development team behind Retro managed to understand how to add new elements into the game instead of only shifting certain aspects within it, they understood Legacy can play much looser than intended than before and worked on differentiate it from Retroís play style entirely.
Legacy intended to be what Retro is today.
Now Legacy can be a much greater tribute to the game and lore of FF.

that's an great point you made. if it wasn't for how the devs figuring out how to add new elements to the game i don't think they would consider changing up on how legacy plays.

Fancystopperman

• The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »
Don't the bosses in this game all have unique attack patterns that they later change once they reach a certain amount of health? Having to make patterns for hundreds of fusions, monsters, and super bosses has got to be difficult.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:25:16 PM by Fancystopperman »

Keflafan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »
Don't the bosses in this game all have unique attack patterns that they later change once they reach a certain amount of health? Having to make patterns for hundreds of fusions, monsters, and super bosses has got to be difficult.

pretty sure the unique attack patterns will be reserved for the fusions and the bosses since doing them for every enemy in the game will take forever.

BlooZura

• bubbles thicc
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
I wouldn't expect it to be as good as ratchet and clanks combat is, I mean cmon, but who knows?

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.