Author Topic: OH COME ON DEVS!  (Read 1542 times)

kofan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OH COME ON DEVS!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 10:11:11 PM »
   its been an month without any commutation from the devs.
Actually, by your own metric of the Twitter account, it hasn't even been a month. Further, though Discord is unofficial, you seem to want to use it as a metric for activity. By that standard, the devs have still been active. In just one server I'm in, devs have talked about the game, specifically Valentine's, just earlier today. Once again, ignoring communication does not mean it doesn't happen.

A problem here is that not everyone uses Discord. They rely on the forums and Twitter for official news. If the devs are talking about Valentine's there and not anywhere else but that Discord server, that's unfortunate. Additionally, much more importantly, using Discord information from that server, the devs have plans on staying on break and not doing much developing for a month or more. Important information such as that should have probably been stated at least in the patch notes.

see? if u have stated that the devs are on break then this argument would have been over by now.

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 10:24:12 PM »
On the topic of accessing discord and official news channels, I've noticed that there is a box on the forum homepage that says "Social Media", but it is completely blank.

I think it would be quite a nice addition if some links to offical FFU social media locations were listed. For example, the FFU twitter page, the FFU YouTube channel, the twitters of some of the devs and community managers, Przzy's discord, and anywhere else the devs can be found online.

It would allow forum users to go to dev discords without having to share their links on the forums, thus breaking the rules.

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 10:30:45 PM »
1. while it is true that was the longest gap for news, the devs made people very clear that retro was still happening. we dont know if an update is coming soon since the devs haven't hinted at that at all.
An update actually has been mentioned to be in development, Time Squad pt. 2. No release dates because the development time varies wildly depending on factors such as how busy the devs are.

2. the last twitter post was an question about what was your favorite nano voice clips. after that they stooped  tweeting for an long time. if its true the devs were talking about an valentines update on an discord im not in then can u please show me proof?
I'm not going to because Discord is unofficial and if I put a message from it here it would certainly be taken out of context and used to start an argument in the coming weeks.

3. ok understand with the second point but devans last post was about what the figure from forgotten falls. nothing after that.
And? Aren't you just seeking acknowledgement that the devs and project are still active? Correct me if I'm misunderstanding your point, but any post that acknowledges activity should fulfill your request.

4.even through the update may or may not be an surprised at least we knew we had something to look forward to, unlike now where we have no hints on whats coming for the next update rather then time squad part two or the expansion which is not guaranteed to be either of them.
I can say, as always, that you have plenty to look forward to. Just because you don't know the specifics doesn't mean it will never happen.

plz just say WE CANT SAY ANYTHING ATM BUT SOMETHING IS COMING and ill be fine.
I don't understand the problem here. Both Mori and I have told you development is still happening. We literally have said exactly what you're asking for previously, just phrased differently. You know both that something is coming and that the something is Time Squad. Will there be something in the middle? Who knows. But you know that will happen at the very least.

its been an month without any commutation from the devs.
Actually, by your own metric of the Twitter account, it hasn't even been a month. Further, though Discord is unofficial, you seem to want to use it as a metric for activity. By that standard, the devs have still been active. In just one server I'm in, devs have talked about the game, specifically Valentine's, just earlier today. Once again, ignoring communication does not mean it doesn't happen.

A problem here is that not everyone uses Discord. They rely on the forums and Twitter for official news. If the devs are talking about Valentine's there and not anywhere else but that Discord server, that's unfortunate. Additionally, much more importantly, using Discord information from that server, the devs have plans on staying on break and not doing much developing for a month or more. Important information such as that should have probably been stated at least in the patch notes.

see? if u have stated that the devs are on break then this argument would have been over by now.
Allow me to provide some context that seems to have intentionally been left out. This "break", from what I've found, only applies to two specific devs: Dogon and Devan.  I won't pretend that they aren't major contributors to many of the updates, but it's inaccurate to say nothing at all will get done without them. Further, this "break" is just a manifestation of my previous point: the devs work on this game in their free time and life takes precedence. There seems to be a prevailing misunderstanding that this is some never-before-seen thing, when in actuality this time is only unique because the word "break" has been attached to it. One could just as easily argue that the devs have perpetually been on break since the project's inception because not every dev is constantly online at all times.

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 10:31:26 PM »
On the topic of accessing discord and official news channels, I've noticed that there is a box on the forum homepage that says "Social Media", but it is completely blank.

I think it would be quite a nice addition if some links to offical FFU social media locations were listed. For example, the FFU twitter page, the FFU YouTube channel, the twitters of some of the devs and community managers, Przzy's discord, and anywhere else the devs can be found online.

It would allow forum users to go to dev discords without having to share their links on the forums, thus breaking the rules.

+1 support for them to add their Twitter and YouTube

However, I wouldn't recommend adding Przzy's server because it's not as heavily moderated as the forums. Additionally, Przzy, as from what I've heard from Roxie, has stated that it's not a FusionFall server but a platform for his brand.

Finally, there's also the /r/fusionfall subreddit which has 2000+ members and which I'm a moderator of, but it's unfortunately not officially linked with official FusionFall.

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »

However, I wouldn't recommend adding Przzy's server because it's not as heavily moderated as the forums. Additionally, Przzy, as from what I've heard from Roxie, has stated that it's not a FusionFall server but a platform for his brand.

Finally, there's also the /r/fusionfall subreddit which has 2000+ members and which I'm a moderator of, but it's unfortunately not officially linked with official FusionFall.
I believe the actual social media stuff used to be there but broke at some point.

Regarding Discord, anything on there is still considered unofficial because simple comments such as the "break" comment get morphed like a game of telephone and are totally inaccurate by the time they reach the forums or other official outlets.

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 10:55:08 PM »

I believe the actual social media stuff used to be there but broke at some point.

Regarding Discord, anything on there is still considered unofficial because simple comments such as the "break" comment get morphed like a game of telephone and are totally inaccurate by the time they reach the forums or other official outlets.

So can it be fixed? I'd assume it would be pretty important, as the twitter (and when videos are released, YouTube) provides info about upcoming updates.

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 11:01:14 PM »
So can it be fixed? I'd assume it would be pretty important, as the twitter (and when videos are released, YouTube) provides info about upcoming updates.
Yeah I'll go check if Tech can look at it at some point, he does a lot of the website stuff.

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »
Yeah I'll go check if Tech can look at it at some point, he does a lot of the website stuff.

Awesome! I hope he can get it back up and running!  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:13:06 PM by LandMaster2952 »

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 01:18:56 AM »
Wooof! I guess I'll reply if it helps any. The main people have largely been on break! The holiday season is a brutal one, and while many of us have the luxury of setting our hours for personal life stuff, it's not something we can do forever, and many of us are playing catch up with our real lives! Officially, we still have plenty of stuff planned, but we don't have a time frame for anything!

pattiewack8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »
Wooof! I guess I'll reply if it helps any. The main people have largely been on break! The holiday season is a brutal one, and while many of us have the luxury of setting our hours for personal life stuff, it's not something we can do forever, and many of us are playing catch up with our real lives! Officially, we still have plenty of stuff planned, but we don't have a time frame for anything!

The dev's did say that the focus was a bigger expansion and that takes more time, for me a FusionFall update is more exciting than a Nintendo direct but if we have to wait that is fine. I just wish there was a way we could support the process or cause. The Dev's are doing their best and deserve time to rest.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 03:27:36 AM by pattiewack8 »

Askzven

• Been playing FF since 2009 when I was 6 lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
Oh here's the monthly dosis of guy panicking over the game not being updated for a bit like the lives of the devs depend on developing 24/7

Man, you can play FusionFall Retro and the devs have a ton of plans, if there's something "bad" the game literally wouldn't be up, tbh if you knew just a tiny bit of what it comes to develop content for a game you probably wouldn't be in panic lol

The dev's did say that the focus was a bigger expansion and that takes more time, for me a FusionFall update is more exciting than a Nintendo direct but if we have to wait that is fine. I just wish there was a way we could support the process or cause. The Dev's are doing their best and deserve time to rest.

hahaha I never noticed, yeah I'm probably twice as excited to hear about a FusionFall update rather than a Nintendo Direct, that's coming from a huge Nintendo fan
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:54:05 AM by Askzven »

TheRealMarcel

• Dr. Rickso and Morty Pudding
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »
(sighs) Guys, I just did for my April Fools 2020 idea topic on 2 days ago. :-[
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:10:17 AM by TheRealMarcel »

someonewhocares

• Noods for Fusionfall pls.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »
Last year, we went with almost three months without an update. There were very few complaints about that during that time. I'm sure people can handle that again. After Time Squad part 2 comes out, we're gonna be waiting even longer for the expansion. We just have to be patient.

J_2281

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
It wouldn't hurt to not act so entitled. Honestly, months could go by without an update and you still wouldn't have the right to complain about it. As far as I'm aware, you aren't paying the devs to work, nor is anyone else, therefore you get to wait patiently.

You're totally trolling but still
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:50:59 PM by J_2281 »

iCorrect

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
Can we lock this?

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.