Author Topic: Question about email attached to Fusionfall in game account (not forum)  (Read 214 times)

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
I want to know if it is possible to change the email attached to the Fusionfall in-game account and username.

I've recently changed email alias because I kept receiving loads of spam and plus it was an old email address and it's going to be a bit of a time consuming task to change everything over to it. But can I attach my new email alias on my Fusionfall account or do I have to make another Fusionfall profile for this to work? help would be appreciated, sorry to bother. Have a good life all.

Ruth

• ℱancy Unicode doesn't make you special.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about email attached to Fusionfall in game account (not forum)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 12:29:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure that the only email address you can change is the one linked to your forum account. I tried changing my forum email address but my game email remained the same regardless. If you want a game account linked to a different email address, I suggest creating a new one.

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 12:51:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure that the only email address you can change is the one linked to your forum account. I tried changing my forum email address but my game email remained the same regardless. If you want a game account linked to a different email address, I suggest creating a new one.

as I suspected I'm out of luck, thanks for the input. Looks like it's back to day 1 in Fusionfall story for me then.
I've taken extra precautions to ensure my new email alias doesn't get spammed as easily and I'm a much more experienced computer user than I was over 10 years ago.

I found it obvious why we shouldn't give our passwords out to anyone, that's something I avoid doing at all costs. But I now realize it's important to keep the email address anonymous too, not necessarily because it would be easier to hack, but because it gets targeted by people wanting to send you ads and in worst case scenario, phishing emails.

I don't mind newsletters, normally you consent to getting those. But receiving piles of junk mail from senders you don't even recognize is annoying, and sometimes they find their way past Outlook's own spam filter and into your main inbox, and I'm not sure if any third party spam filters would've helped with that one.

Anyway thanks, I appreciate it.
Peace.

Edit and update to the comment above.

I've found a workaround, and it turns out I never had to make a new Fusionfall gamer profile after all. When I created the new Microsoft account alias and made it the primary one, I was able to keep the old one as a secondary (but disabled the sign in on the old one for security reasons due to the unsuccessful sync attempts in the sign in activity). But there's more, I found some settings about the Outlook junk mail folder, and I was able to add people to a safe senders list, my contacts and all. Blocking out the spammers completely. So unless they manage to suss out my new email address which I doubt they will do any time soon, and if they manage to spoof the email addresses of one of my contacts, I'm not getting spam anytime soon! :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:45:05 AM by AGTRigorMortis »

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 02:07:35 AM »
Glad you were able to get a workaround. Yeah, it's unfortunately not possible to outright change email addresses for your game account due to the way those are stored.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.