Author Topic: CHARACTER GEAR [FF] - GRAPHIC NOVEL [DC/IDW/MARVEL] + MEDIA  (Read 774 times)

DiscoPanda

• View Profile
Re: CHARACTER GEAR [FF] - GRAPHIC NOVEL [DC/IDW/MARVEL] + MEDIA
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
the point of this post is to captivate people's attention
Well you're not going to succeed in that if you keep on it, my guy. Most people will close the thread after seeing that first post. I mean just look at it, you could build a house if you separated that wall of stuff into multiple smaller ones.
Also cut down on the formatting and writing every third word in bold and/or caps, it's distracting and off-putting, not "capticating attention".

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »
the point of this post is to captivate people's attention
Well you're not going to succeed in that if you keep on it, my guy. Most people will close the thread after seeing that first post. I mean just look at it, you could build a house if you separated that wall of stuff into multiple smaller ones.
Also cut down on the formatting and writing every third word in bold and/or caps, it's distracting and off-putting, not "capticating attention".

That's their loss really then - nothing wrong considering other ideas for the game. + keep your advice to yourself it's unwarranted - I'll FORMAT my post the way I INTEND. Most of the time I just skim + offer my feedback if the post has solid ideas. Guy @admiral whatever dude kept bashing my post/recommendation - not sure why he even bothered commenting really waste of energy talking to the dude - font isn't small nor is the text difficult to read pure nonsense. Mentioned CN has over 20+ years of content - that may be the case; nevertheless creating new content is what makes things stand out. If they can redo/repolish those old characters from shows most people don't watch anymore how they did it to Major Glory + Monkey that would be decent. Legacy is suppose to be the next big phase of FusionFall when you're planning a game of that magnitude things have to be taken into consideration at least; those are my expectations & many other people.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:22:15 PM by chiderao »

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »

Also, the game's evolving just fine as it is. We literally just got 4 new Nanos last update, so I don't know what you're on about there. Like I said before, we could use some more sets, to expand on that point some original ones would be great. I for one would like a hazmat suit, it would fit with all the theme of infection and biohazard that Fusion Matter creates.

Game is evolving at a slow pace is the reality my ideas are for both games primarily Legacy since that will take more time to complete. Most updates are seasonal; + planned for special events other games i.e. Warframe have rapid updates compared to FusionFall. Here's a message via Devan in reference to FFR's future expansion - https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?topic=23425.0 //  *Most people are just max level 36 there hasn't been any other levels added besides bosses (lvl 40) in select areas; other nanos (excluding the 4 released) aren't available yet same deal the areas + infected zones he stated + the characters they teased for Retro possibly Otto not added yet. I'll give them props on the newer content over a period of time; same deal their latest vehicles. Overall, I'm confident Legacy will be a better/enjoyable game to play than Retro once it finally premieres. - I'm thinking increase the level limit to 50/60 if they can manage it. Have already seen their teased content + plus new zones so it makes sense to increase the level cap. Would make sense to go beyond the Fuse story-line & possibly have players warp/teleport to Planet Fusion & venture the zones off-world & assist the alien races/inhabitants of other worlds if they go a inter-galactic route etc.
https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?topic=24419.0

Four additional levels
Fully featured with missions, monsters, and items
Four additional Nanos
Including Flapjack and Johnny Bravo from the original game
Two brand new areas
With two additional Infected Zones
More than ten new character NPCs
Including some characters from series not currently featured in Retro

This isnt a super massive expansion, and thats done on purpose. We want to be able to develop this smaller expansion and effectively prove it can be done before we wind up breaking off more than we can chew. Should we pull this off with relative ease and success, it would be reasonable to expect more expansions down the line, with possibly more levels, nanos, areas, characters, etc. than before.

However, the development of this expansion is going to be something weve never done before, and its going to be a lot of work. As a result, wed like to slow down with regular content updates and events in order to better focus our efforts on making the expansion. There may still be updates here and there, and there may even be new content updates that tie into the expansion as we make it, but in large, they will be less frequent and feature a bit less content.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:11:00 AM by chiderao »

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 11:19:57 AM »
Blatant inability to accept conflicting opinions or any form of criticism aside, you do know Retro and Legacy are fan games developed by small groups of people in their free time, right? "Warframe" is a game created and published by an actual game development company who do this sort of thing for a living. I don't see how you can compare the two, chances are way more people worked on Warframe and had more time to do so, of course they'd have faster updates.

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 02:36:15 PM »
Blatant inability to accept conflicting opinions or any form of criticism aside, you do know Retro and Legacy are fan games developed by small groups of people in their free time, right? "Warframe" is a game created and published by an actual game development company who do this sort of thing for a living. I don't see how you can compare the two, chances are way more people worked on Warframe and had more time to do so, of course they'd have faster updates.

I told you before don't give a <<don't imply swears>> abt your criticism; you came on my post to troll basically - that's an instant dismissal. Of course the games can be compared original FusionFall was an mmo so is Retro/Legacy. Doesn't matter whether or not a company is involved; fan re-creation games i.e. Legend of Pirates / Freerealms SunRise / Toontown Rewritten + ToonTown: Corporate Clash + other games constantly update their content frequently is the point. The devs choose to do it on a monthly periodic basis is the case. - https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?board=22.0

-section of post removed due to content it contained-
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:15:01 AM by Plague »

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »

I told you before don't give a <<don't imply swears>> abt your criticism; you came on my post to troll basically - that's an instant dismissal. Of course the games can be compared original FusionFall was an mmo so is Retro/Legacy. Doesn't matter whether or not a company is involved; fan re-creation games i.e. Legend of Pirates / Freerealms SunRise / Toontown Rewritten + ToonTown: Corporate Clash + other games constantly update their content frequently is the point. The devs choose to do it on a monthly periodic basis is the point. - https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?board=22.0

I'd call this a debate, or at worst an argument. If I actually wanted to troll, my posts here would be nothing but a barrage of insults without any actual reasoning behind my points, whereas I haven't really insulted you once unless merely pointing out that you can't take criticism counts as such. And finally if you really don't care for my opinion then I don't see why you keep trying to invalidate it. Just accept it and move on because as of now that's what I'm gonna do. Good luck with your idea, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Peace out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:51:29 PM by MoriBee »

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 10:32:29 AM »
Blatant inability to accept conflicting opinions or any form of criticism aside
I don't like to stir the pot but I have to agree with this. Sorry.

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »
Ugh, it's my second try to write this.
First off, you seems to disrespect anyone who have a slight disagreement with your idea. Admiral was actually really respectful to you and you seem to dehumanize him and act in a very rude manner so I'll keep the obvious reasons short.

1. Although you think otherwise by your statement on the first post, copyright infringement is a thing and many companies wouldn't want their IPs to be in part with a project they don't have influence on at all. If you think I am clueless, Total Drama was going to have representation in Legacy but FreshTV requested them to stop, that's a show with actual representation in the OG. So Disney, IDW, Warner bros and many other companies you listed will notice.

2. You've stated that if it's been parodied, like the X-Men and Superman, so the IP that was parodied is valid. Lemme put it clear, THAT'S NOT HOW ANYTHING WORKS AT ANY GIVEN TIME AT ALL.
The parodies were made in the shows that have clear representations within the game, KND and PPG, respectively.

3. The most clear argument that will quickly shut off your arguments is that it is simply not in the FusionFall spirit. The hardcore fans that been building Retro and Legacy will use anything strictly to CN. They can shift between certain shows that on the line of being CN icons but they, and the majority of fans, want the game to be exclusive about CN, like the original team built the OG to be.

Even if you've worked on it for a long time, I am sorry to inform you but the IPS you suggest are invalid,
On a personal note; as for the general idea of more gear sets for FF, I cannot see why not, but only to be a part of Cartoon Network's past and FusionFall's aesthetic.

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 08:49:13 PM »
Blatant inability to accept conflicting opinions or any form of criticism aside
I don't like to stir the pot but I have to agree with this. Sorry.

-section of post removed due to content it contained-

Ugh, it's my second try to write this.
First off, you seems to disrespect anyone who have a slight disagreement with your idea. Admiral was actually really respectful to you and you seem to dehumanize him and act in a very rude manner so I'll keep the obvious reasons short.

1. Although you think otherwise by your statement on the first post, copyright infringement is a thing and many companies wouldn't want their IPs to be in part with a project they don't have influence on at all. If you think I am clueless, Total Drama was going to have representation in Legacy but FreshTV requested them to stop, that's a show with actual representation in the OG. So Disney, IDW, Warner bros and many other companies you listed will notice.

2. You've stated that if it's been parodied, like the X-Men and Superman, so the IP that was parodied is valid. Lemme put it clear, THAT'S NOT HOW ANYTHING WORKS AT ANY GIVEN TIME AT ALL.
The parodies were made in the shows that have clear representations within the game, KND and PPG, respectively.

3. The most clear argument that will quickly shut off your arguments is that it is simply not in the FusionFall spirit. The hardcore fans that been building Retro and Legacy will use anything strictly to CN. They can shift between certain shows that on the line of being CN icons but they, and the majority of fans, want the game to be exclusive about CN, like the original team built the OG to be.

Even if you've worked on it for a long time, I am sorry to inform you but the IPS you suggest are invalid,
On a personal note; as for the general idea of more gear sets for FF, I cannot see why not, but only to be a part of Cartoon Network's past and FusionFall's aesthetic.

Looks like you're annoyed same deal the other person too bad (guy that kept debating w/ me earlier). You're entitled to your opinion but don't bother wasting your time trying to correct me on MY POST - consider yourself dismissed as well - I never requested for your advice. Respect has to be earned; the question I have for you a stranger on the web who chooses to tell a person (original author) a potential idea is unfit for a fictional game has earned my respect how? Whatever the devs choose to do; I'll be content w/ that since they're the ones that have developed Retro/Legacy not any of you obviously don't get AHEAD of yourselves. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather hear word from the OFFICIAL creators of the game then keep READING about how you dislike/disapprove of someone's idea. Most people could care less about parody characters i.e. Wintergreen + Elfa Strike (variants) other parodies that debuted in CN shows. Whether or not they premiere in FFL/FFR makes no difference to me - the same applies to my concept idea as long as the game is available to PLAY for it's designated audience. I prefer ORIGINAL anyway - meaning the main/official cast of an animated series in this case.<<removed for rude comments>>

Iteration/variation of a popular comic character Superman via DC - Icon/Gladiator/Hyperion/Plutonian/Supreme + Silver Sentry all iterants/variants of Superman done by numerous publishers - IDW/IMAGE/MARVEL

I'm aware of Total Drama & Hi-Hi Puff Ami don't care it's foreign programming even if the shows may have aired on CN (US servers) at one point - not concerned. I could see why they wouldn't want their content showcased in an mmo game. <<removed for rude comments>> You don't speak for the majority of fans either; just because people AGREE on a topic doesn't mean everyone has the same mentality/thought-process you possess. I'm more than aware of the game's theme - https://fusionfall.fandom.com/wiki/Cartoon_Network_Universe:_FusionFall / *I recommend reading the excerpt - I played the ORIGINAL so stop informing me of what I KNOW - it's apparent the game is set on the Cartoon Network Universe doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I read the Forums time to time; it's a place where folks input their respective ideas/feedback for FusionFall - <<removed for rude comments>>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:56:46 PM by MoriBee »

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:56 PM »
I'm just going to come in here and say everyone in this thread needs to be a lot more respectful in their "debate". I'm not going to pick a side, but I will say name calling and the like don't really reflect well on you or your ideas. Please just bear in mind rule 2 as this thread continues.

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
I'm aware of Total Drama & Hi-Hi Puff Ami don't care it's foreign programming even if the shows may have aired on CN (US servers) at one point - not concerned.

Actually, Hi Hi is a CN original. It was made internally at their studio alongside Renegade Animation. This is corroborated by Yumi's appearance in OK KO's Crossover Nexus. If CN didn't own the rights to the show, she couldn't have appeared.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:18:49 PM by LandMaster2952 »

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 09:48:18 PM »
I'm aware of Total Drama & Hi-Hi Puff Ami don't care it's foreign programming even if the shows may have aired on CN (US servers) at one point - not concerned.

Actually, Hi Hi is a CN original. It was made internally at their studio alongside Renegade Animation. This is corroborated by Yumi's appearance in OK KO's Crossover Nexus. If CN didn't own the rights to the show, she couldn't have appeared.

You do understand everything you've referenced I could easily Google online? I didn't ask for that info - I'll presume they were banned from using HHPA because it's based on real people or whatever reasons I don't care for - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffy_AmiYumi + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Hi_Puffy_AmiYumi - regardless of the show airing in America it's origins are Japanese since the people that comprise their music group are Asian

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 10:43:00 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffy_AmiYumi + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Hi_Puffy_AmiYumi - regardless of the show airing in America it's origins are Japanese since the people that comprise their music group are Asian

Well the person who pitched the show to the band, and thus served as its creator, Sam Register, is an American. The show was produced completely in house over at Renegade Animation. Everything was both written and animated on US soil. This is actually very rare in the animation industry, as the actual animation for most cartoons are outsourced to South Korea, due to the labor there being less expensive. There's even a joke in one of the episodes "Manga Madness" where Yumi says "American cartoons are terrible!", only to say "Oops.. just kidding" soon afterward, realizing that she is in one.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 12:20:30 AM »
<<removed for rude comments>>

I'm aware of Total Drama & Hi-Hi Puff Ami don't care it's foreign programming even if the shows may have aired on CN (US servers) at one point - not concerned. I could see why they wouldn't want their content showcased in an mmo game. <<removed for rude comments>> You don't speak for the majority of fans either; just because people AGREE on a topic doesn't mean everyone has the same mentality/thought-process you possess. I'm more than aware of the game's theme - https://fusionfall.fandom.com/wiki/Cartoon_Network_Universe:_FusionFall / *I recommend reading the excerpt - I played the ORIGINAL so stop informing me of what I KNOW - it's apparent the game is set on the Cartoon Network Universe doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I read the Forums time to time; it's a place where folks input their respective ideas/feedback for FusionFall - <<removed for rude comments>>
I had a whole speech I wrote here about what you just said and how unbelievably toxic it is, but honestly it wasn't worth it. I can't be bothered to get banned over you telling kids on the Internet that they have no talent.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:58:14 PM by MoriBee »

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 03:11:14 AM »

One more thing and I'm going to leave this thread alone, if you are as old as you say you are, which personally I think is a little bit inappropriate to reveal, you would hopefully know not to throw around phrases like "no talent" and the like with a game designed for children. First of all, it's an ugly assumption of, as you said, strangers on the Internet. Additionally, it's just rude. Everyone, children especially and of course during an isolating event like a somewhat worldwide quarantine, experiences some form of mental health issue, a lot of it relating to self-esteem. Responses like that can produce toxic behavior in both yourself and others, and as Stevie said it does not help your case.

In addition, the claim of having no talent for simply pointing out copyright law is ludicrous. A lot of us do have skills like that, that's why they're (I would say we're but I personally don't do anything like that full-time) so interested in the behind-the-scenes, groundwork nature of the project. And talent, as it may seem, can come from anywhere. I myself am a performance major. I constantly have to devote my body, mind, and willpower to producing art. Now I'm not going to say if I'm any good at it, that's not for me to decide, but it requires a certain degree of skill to even consider as a major. And so many of these kids on here, even if people like you may say otherwise, have talent and worth and deserve love in so many different ways, even if they disagree with you. But this high and mighty attitude is what destroys your entire argument. So far you've proven yourself with self-advertising and claims of your skill, when you didn't even need to point those things out in the first place. At this point, even if you were as good as you said, it wouldn't matter to me simply because of this attitude.

Look. I don't like conflict. I don't like fighting, I don't enjoy flame wars. I'm not here for that, and chances are, unfortunately, I might get some sort of ban or just shut down the thread entirely following this post, because I don't know how you or anyone else will respond and the situation can obviously escalate from here into a problem that nobody wants to have. (Mods, I completely understand and I apologize greatly in advance.) But I just felt like this needed to be said. Again, I'm sorry. I wish I could agree and be all for you and your ideas but if you want to be accepted by the community you can't disrespect it by immediately jumping into a fight with (we can only assume) children.

<<removed for rude comments>>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:00:52 PM by MoriBee »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.