Author Topic: CHARACTER GEAR [FF] - GRAPHIC NOVEL [DC/IDW/MARVEL] + MEDIA  (Read 777 times)

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CHARACTER GEAR [FF] - GRAPHIC NOVEL [DC/IDW/MARVEL] + MEDIA
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 03:37:28 AM »
<<removed for rude comments>>
You fully contradicted yourself.

I can quote you all I want, the words speak for themselves. My point with that tangent was simply that you seemed to be devaluing these kids because you allegedly know more than them about coding/graphic design, which was never once related to the main issue of copyright. This isn't a competition.

It's a game designed for children to be able to play, at least. These forums are well-moderated and kid-friendly, so long as people don't come in with negative attitudes. Of course supervision is necessary, but the CTs do a good job of filling in where parents can't. That's exactly why they're here.

<<removed for rude comments>> [/b]
I don't provide evidence simply because this persona and my real self are separate, simple as that. I'm not Poppleworks, I'm an actual human being who does other things outside of here. I don't strive to be accepted, I just love the community here. But if somebody comes in trashing them I'm going to call it out, because this deserves to be a safe space. I'll always defend that.

As for growing older to find clarity, I really don't think I'm in the wrong here. You're constantly placing yourself on a pedestal in unimportant matters that really don't mean anything and consistently refuse to accept anything anyone else says. On multiple occasions I've seen you shoot down ideas in favor of other ones, sometimes your own, sometimes showing off ideas in situations where it isn't relevant to the discussion, even in YouTube comments. This should be a community where every idea, not just the ideas of the few, are fully considered and given an equal platform, not just immediately trashed or deemed unworthy. Likewise, we should also have a right to explain why, based on past experiences, certain ideas could be dangerous.

Namely, copyright.

FFU is a fan project with no legal basis whatsoever. At any moment this entire thing could disappear. CN has been incredibly grateful, as I'm sure they all know about it by now. Other companies, specifically FreshTV which created Total Drama, have not been as kind. The reason this entire rebuttal was started is because Shredder, Snake Eyes, Captain America, etc. are all copyrighted characters that belong to other companies. Warner Bros. properties can maybe slide, but anything beyond that is really hazardous territory. Not to mention the devs don't want to go past CN or HB. You praise them, yet you say their methods are outdated. How is not wanting to lose every ounce of work you put into this game outdated?

I don't even know why we're fighting right now. This is literally a game. I don't care about this whole situation, I just really cannot tolerate this.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:02:30 PM by MoriBee »

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 03:47:45 AM »
-section of post removed due to content it contained-

I don't even know why we're fighting right now. This is literally a game. I don't care about this whole situation, I just really cannot tolerate this.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:02:53 PM by MoriBee »

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 04:07:22 AM »
-section of post removed due to content it contained-

Kk.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:19:42 AM by Plague »

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 05:11:12 AM »
Since my warning earlier has been blatantly disregarded, I will be locking this thread to prevent further altercations. To be clear: it's okay to disagree with each other, but it must be done in a manner that does not personally attack any individual. Insulting your opponent in this manner is by no means acceptable and I see now that I never should have let this go on so long.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.