Author Topic: Why isn't there a separate manga team?  (Read 4468 times)

JayTheKid

• Life ain't picture perfect, we use the negatives to develop I'm well up, I'm way up, nothin but net, no lay up| FusionFall IGN:Jay The Kid
    • View Profile
    • If you wanna add me on PSN
Re: Why isn't there a separate manga team?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »
Maybe the fans could help Virt. I mean we probably have a lot of talented people, besides only posting a thread or leaving a post on a thread there is bound to be people who are creative and can do computer art. Maybe we should do a fan-art competition and the winners get a chance to work on the manga? Or an open audition who knows.
that... WOULD BE COOL! Maybe Virt can choose like 5-10 people out of everyone who participate in the competition
I'd like that
Nice idea  ;)

But then the Devs would have to put more people on the payroll!
We don't get paid. Someone call the union that totally exists!
I volunteer!

dragon_slayer

• Hello there
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »
Maybe the fans could help Virt. I mean we probably have a lot of talented people, besides only posting a thread or leaving a post on a thread there is bound to be people who are creative and can do computer art. Maybe we should do a fan-art competition and the winners get a chance to work on the manga? Or an open audition who knows.
that... WOULD BE COOL! Maybe Virt can choose like 5-10 people out of everyone who participate in the competition
I'd like that
Nice idea  ;)

I volunteer!
I'll do the coloring

LightningIrfan

• Noob Wiki Staff Member.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »
I'd like that
Nice idea  ;)

I volunteer!
I'll do the coloring
I'll do the shading and lighting.

BanditoSigi

• A Dandy Guy In Space. Has returned 8/3/17.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
I'd like that
Nice idea  ;)

I volunteer!
I'll do the coloring
I'll do the shading and lighting.

I'll do the executive producing(Nothing)

Phantro

• 안녕하세요
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:56 AM »
Drawing a manga from scratch is really difficult(sorry for killing the dreams)
Because a manga is usually black and white, artists used textured patterns to use for shading and as the coloring(?)
Not only that, but alsoyou need to be able to draw anatomy well which is a challenge because as a manga artist, you're constantly drawing different viewpoints/perspectives which is hard if you're not comfortable drawing different body positions, etc. Then theres the varying lengths of the panels which is tedious...
Kudos to the 2 awesome people doing this manga, it looks great c:

dragon_slayer

• Hello there
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 12:35:17 PM »
Drawing a manga from scratch is really difficult(sorry for killing the dreams)
Because a manga is usually black and white, artists used textured patterns to use for shading and as the coloring(?)
Not only that, but alsoyou need to be able to draw anatomy well which is a challenge because as a manga artist, you're constantly drawing different viewpoints/perspectives which is hard if you're not comfortable drawing different body positions, etc. Then theres the varying lengths of the panels which is tedious...
Kudos to the 2 awesome people doing this manga, it looks great c:
it depends what you draw. Manga artists have different techniques when it comes to manga drawing characters

EpicArtist101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »
I was always wondering if they can hire other storyboard artists who can make a draft out of a script. Or perhaps, they can either hire other artists who are good at drawing characters in fusionfall style to take Virt's place as the illustrator whenever Virt is busy working in another project.

Xynshor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 11:25:47 PM »
I'd like that
Nice idea  ;)

I totally agree with the suggestions! ;) ;D 8)

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »
I was always wondering if they can hire other storyboard artists who can make a draft out of a script. Or perhaps, they can either hire other artists who are good at drawing characters in fusionfall style to take Virt's place as the illustrator whenever Virt is busy working in another project.

You know, it might be interesting to present the manga in a completely different art style to the original FusionFall one. As long as the designs are consistent, it could be pretty cool to see a different artist's interpretation of the world.

Xynshor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
I agree that Virt should appoint some fans to make the manga for the Fusionfall universe.

I mean, a few have already done their own take on art sites etc., so it makes sense.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.