Author Topic: Kyra's Inquiries & Responses  (Read 21497 times)

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
Re: Kyra's Inquiries & Responses
« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
I've seen you mention Captain Planet quite favorably. As someone who's never seen the show, what's it got going for it?

I haven't forgotten this. I've been thinking about how I want to answer this.

I'll outright say that this show isn't for everyone. Its heavy-handed handling of its pro-environmental message can turn people away from it (but in all fairness, the show is called Captain Planet and the Planetneers - it pretty much warns you from the outset that this is going to bash their environmental message into your mind). However, the show is such a product of its time, that it's pretty humorous to watch (for me), and I like the characters just fine.

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2019, 04:50:16 AM »
Have you heard of the name "Goon Squad" in fusionfall before?

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2019, 04:23:58 PM »
Have you heard of the name "Goon Squad" in fusionfall before?

In the game, no. But I have seen it on the forums.

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
Is my extreme naivete an invitation for me to get treated like trash? because I honestly feel like it is

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Is my extreme naivete an invitation for me to get treated like trash? because I honestly feel like it is

It's not. There's no excuse for treating someone poorly.

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »
This isn't a question but I'm a huge fan

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2019, 03:38:02 PM »
This isn't a question but I'm a huge fan

Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say.

admiralflashdodger

• I fought Fuse and all I got was a gumball.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »
If you could bring anything from the original game, or even the CN universe in general, into Retro, what would it be and why?

Also sorry if that's already been asked.

Noah_Vilgaxsane

• FusionFall's resident filmmaker/writer
    • View Profile
    • Cartoon Network Universe: Earth One - FusionFall
« Reply #353 on: July 21, 2019, 04:19:32 PM »
Kevin Feige just announced Phase 4 of MCU content. What are you most excited to see (that aren't mutants or cosmically-irradiated astronauts)?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:22:12 PM by Noah_Vilgaxsane »

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: July 21, 2019, 07:07:50 PM »
If you could bring anything from the original game, or even the CN universe in general, into Retro, what would it be and why?
Also sorry if that's already been asked.

I want my pencil backpack. I miss it, and I don't feel like Kyra Xyrespace without it.

On the serious side, I miss seeing T.O.M. in the game, along with having the T.O.M. suit. I'd like to see them back.

(Spoilers for the following question will be whited out)
Kevin Feige just announced Phase 4 of MCU content. What are you most excited to see (that aren't mutants or cosmically-irradiated astronauts)?

Prepare for some blasphemy, but I'm not as super excited by the announcement of the Phase 4 movies as many others are. Doctor Strange's sequel is probably what I'm most interested in, while Thor: Love & Thunder is the one I am least excited for.

TV Series wise, there's some pretty interesting ones. The Falcon and Winter Soldier is the one I'm anticipating the most, though if it's taking place after Endgame, I wonder if the title will change its name or if the series will be about Falcon getting used to being the new Cap. The What If...? is also a fun anthology-type show, but I'm cautious about their animation. Since it's in the MCU, they'll probably try to make it as close to the movie depiction, like Avengers Assemble did, but by Season 5/Black Panther's Quest they simplified the art style and it sorta bummed me out. I guess I'll just wait till I see who they choose for their animation studio. The fact that just about everyone is coming back to reprise their role makes me excited to see what happens. Hawkeye's show is the one I am least excited for. On the one hand I am pleased to see that Hawkeye is getting more love and attention from the MCU, but on the other hand, I'm sad that he's sharing it with Kate Bishop. I'll just wait to see how this show pans out - maybe they'll change my mind on Kate.

Noah_Vilgaxsane

• FusionFall's resident filmmaker/writer
    • View Profile
    • Cartoon Network Universe: Earth One - FusionFall
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
Prepare for some blasphemy, but I'm not as super excited by the announcement of the Phase 4 movies as many others are. Doctor Strange's sequel is probably what I'm most interested in, while Thor: Love & Thunder is the one I am least excited for.

TV Series wise, there's some pretty interesting ones. The Falcon and Winter Soldier is the one I'm anticipating the most, though if it's taking place after Endgame, I wonder if the title will change its name or if the series will be about Falcon getting used to being the new Cap. The What If...? is also a fun anthology-type show, but I'm cautious about their animation. Since it's in the MCU, they'll probably try to make it as close to the movie depiction, like Avengers Assemble did, but by Season 5/Black Panther's Quest they simplified the art style and it sorta bummed me out. I guess I'll just wait till I see who they choose for their animation studio. The fact that just about everyone is coming back to reprise their role makes me excited to see what happens. Hawkeye's show is the one I am least excited for. On the one hand I am pleased to see that Hawkeye is getting more love and attention from the MCU, but on the other hand, I'm sad that he's sharing it with Kate Bishop. I'll just wait to see how this show pans out - maybe they'll change my mind on Kate.

Well I got good news about the animation for What If--. They're not hiring ManofAction, as seen here with the Peggy Carter episode: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/what-if-will-include-marvel-zombies-take-a-first-look-at-hayley-atwells-captain-carter-a170188

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2019, 11:06:31 PM »

Well I got good news about the animation for What If--. They're not hiring ManofAction, as seen here with the Peggy Carter episode: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/what-if-will-include-marvel-zombies-take-a-first-look-at-hayley-atwells-captain-carter-a170188

I like the style of it, but I have to wonder if this will be the norm for all episodes or if its stylistic based on the episode. Either way, I'm not complaining. I just really, really hope the writing is good. I wouldn't be opposed to hiring Earth's Mightiest Heroes writers.

Sonic94

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
Are you tired of the Area 51 meme like I am

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »

I thought they were funny in the "Yeah, sure, okay. Have fun with that" way. I haven't seen the meme since.

Sonic94

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2019, 08:02:28 PM »

I thought they were funny in the "Yeah, sure, okay. Have fun with that" way. I haven't seen the meme since.
I keep seeing people still mentioning it though.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.