Author Topic: Calling all Designers!  (Read 118801 times)

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling all Designers!
« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »
I'm also gonna take this time to "remaster" my previous designs, especially with tinypic shutting down and removing the entirety of the "My Illustrated Suggestions" thread. For starters, here's a KND ice cream man.

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/jrmWFFu.png

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #872 on: March 24, 2020, 11:20:16 AM »
Wow! This is amazing!  ;D

Thanks for all the hard work!

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #873 on: March 28, 2020, 08:55:10 AM »
   THE MARCELINE COLLECTION
                                            PART TWO

This part's significantly smaller in terms of actual sets. I just had a couple extra ideas and concepts that may or may not have come together, some of which I drew and some I'm offering up for interpretation. I mean these seriously, but also I feel like I'm not the designer to really do these justice. Think of this as bonus features!

I. BANZAI SQUADRON

This look is based on Marceline's appearance in Project Exonaut. There were certain elements of the style that I vibed with, some I didn't, but I really loved her outfit here. I only went this far out of fear of messing up the whole look, but I tried. This look is basically as much of a direct rip as I could pull off without giving it any sort of shading, with the addition of a Banzai Squadron logo.

The back and legs were a bit hard to design because I wanted to stay faithful to the artwork while essentially creating the entire backside and boots from the ground up. I settled on this set-up, with a more exposed back. However, I also did a mock-up where the backside has a bit more covering coming from the front and sides, although it felt a little bit off to me:

II. MUSHROOM

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/ow6voNh.png

This set I love the concept behind, but I think I went too cute. It feels very anime/FusionFall PPG rather than post-apocalyptic survivor. Maybe if I had gone more patchwork style, maybe if I had made it more gothic. Either way, it didn't feel entirely Marcy to me. However, the Bright Hambo Backpack I'm all for.

III. NIGHTOSPHERIC PSYCHOPOMP MASK

I designed this mask off of the psychopomp of the Nightosphere, an incredibly minor character from the first Nightosphere episode. I liked the shape, but I feel like it was pretty basic. Maybe as part of a larger set for this area it might be a cool collectible, but I couldn't justify giving it its own time. I will say however, the full costume for this demon might make a really fun set:

IV. MUSIC DOOR JACKET (UNFINISHED)

Here's a concept I mentioned in passing a LONG time ago. I thought this would look really cool, but I feel like I came at it from the wrong angle here. This is based on the Music Door from "What Was Missing," making this the third piece inspired by "Just Your Problem." Honestly it took a lot of work to put this together with my current set-up, a program that won't let me change brush size without paying $20, which I really don't feel like I have to justify at the moment.A lot of ideas kept going through my mind, including lightening the colors to a more pale orange look or utilizing the stony elements around the door to give it more of a palette, but nothing really connected in my head and I was left with this unfinished design.

V. VARSITY JACKET

I tried making her jacket, then realized it was basically way too close to the Numbuh Five jacket, color pallet and all.

VI. LEGO DIMENSIONS

This game actually had some solid designs behind it. I don't know if treading into this third-party territory would be okay, but there were some design aspects I found cool.

I think the purple tint on Marceline's bat form is really well-used in here, and it might be cool to have some sort of bat armor that uses these colors for an alternate form.

Also, this thing! This is an original piece from Dimensions that has three different forms. From left to right, this thing transforms from a lumbering monster (perfect for a Fusion design), to a large amp with spidery legs, to a weaponized flying scorpion. For the purposes of FFL, I think the latter two, the Lunatic Amp and Shadow Scorpion, could serve for nice vehicle inspiration. Scorpion you can see pretty well in the image, but here's an additional angle on the amp.

And here are some good videos to check out, showing her in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCl65BUp3c8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIe41GOoFA

VII. HEROES

And for the final piece, I didn't even have to draw anything! These are items from FusionFall Heroes that I'm **fairly** certain haven't made their way into the game just yet, but they are pretty interesting to see. We have a recolor of Val Hallen's guitar to a green/purple combo, as well as a Marceline bat head. You might notice the head shares the same color as the LEGO Dimensions bat form. My only guess here, after looking through basically all art available on Adventure Time's wiki, is that the FF/Dimensions designers used pictures of Marceline from inside her cave. In "Evicted," her cave's fire gives her that same purple tone. If we were going off her actual colors, she'd be closer to a navy/baby blue combo.

Next up, I think I'll keep tackling my old designs and just get those up to par with all the other designs I've pushed out just now, then I did pick up some additional Adventure Time pieces while doing research for this. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:25:20 PM by Poppleworks »

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #874 on: March 28, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
These are really nice!  ;D

I think it would be awesome if when your character danced, the mouths of the faces on the Musical Door Jacket lit up. It would be a great detail.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.