Author Topic: Improved Fusion Lairs and Boss Fights  (Read 3240 times)

PeppermintDaniel

• That's how mafia works
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Improved Fusion Lairs and Boss Fights
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 05:05:08 AM »
This would be really awesome. The problem arises with creating unique moves and animations for each boss. It's a lot of work, and I think that creating a system similar to the Nano abilities would be a lot more plausible.

By this, I mean that there would be a list of abilities and attacks that multiple bosses might share. Like throwing objects around, grabbing players or shooting lasers.

Puzzles would be a completely new addition to FusionFall, but I believe it's running on the Unity engine, so adding them in should be quite easy. It would heavily depend on what types of puzzles would be added. Shooting and stepping on switches, pushing around objects and the like should be simple enough. This might require some camera manipulation.

This is still a great concept, I just think that it needs to be simplified in order to be easy to execute.

JinxGrowler

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2019, 07:29:51 PM »
+ Support

I really, really like this idea. Anything that makes the FLs less monotonous and forgettable is a good thing.

I had a suggestion to tack on: How about, when you go to get your Nano, the Fusion uses the abilities of that Nano? There was mention earlier of Eddy eating a Jarbreaker to heal. Stuff like that, where it would showcase what abilities the nano would have access to.

CaptainPizza

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2019, 12:32:21 AM »
+1 Support! I really enjoyed your creativity with fusion fights and how lairs should be. Fusion fights in original/Retro were pretty much always the exact same. The idea of making each battle something unique is very important to remove the monotony of the battles against Fusions. Changing the design of each fusion lair is essential as well (though it seems quite prominent in what the developers have already shown us). According to wikia, there were 10 types of lairs accessible on the game, most of them being the Dark Wilderness and the Warehouse environments the common ones on Fusion battles. Maybe putting other types of lairs (more coherent with the infected area) is a good idea.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.